Wednesday, December 9, 2015

How To Present The Work?

Been thinking lately of how to present the most recent photographs. I want to be able to communicate the complexities of the lives I photographed in the most complete way. It is important to tell the stories in the photographs on as many levels as I can.

All art and creativity is subjective as a result of the choices an artist makes. Still within that creativity a larger more complete story can also be told. I want the presentation of the work to show both my personal message and viewpoint as well as giving a larger real life realistic portrait of the people who let me photograph them.

How to achieve those? I have been thinking of doing shows in multi dimensional terms. Written forms, video, audio, artifacts, single photos as well as dyptics and tryptics. I could tell stories from my personal point of view and also round things out, educate on multiple levels  with the other source material.

Update* I have not done this yet (just thought of it) but what if I brought some things found in the garbage dump back to Canada to exhibit, or personal items from the families? The photos alongside found garbage items . I could bring things back to the gallery like the puppet toy I photographed one child with.