Saturday, September 14, 2013

Stuff That's Happening

Well last night I managed to project my slide movies and PowerPoint slide show, all looks ok. The movies play better in quicktime than they did in another player, not sure why that is.

Last night I was also working on getting all the paper work and photo files ready for 3 submissions. I am going to submit "Families of the Dump" to the VAAA (Edmonton), Art Gallery @ 501 (Sherwood Park) and the AGGP (Art Gallery of Grand Prairie).

All 3 of these galleries fit into my new submitting criteria, not far away (no shipping costs) and they pay artist fees (help offset production costs). I doubt I will submit any new work to far off non paying places any more as the costs of such shows are just to high for Mr. Security Guard to afford. For now it looks like I will be limited to Western Canada locations.

I have 3 strikes with this current work, lets see how it goes. I will be making more pics in the dump in coming months if one of these submissions is accepted I will have more pics to choose from, if all 3 fail I can re-submit new work along with the old in 2014.

I am really looking forward to meeting the people I met last trip, I need to spend more time with them and build closer relationships. This should be an eye opening life changing experience again, amazing people, living in a very trying and difficult place.