Sunday, September 15, 2013

3 Turns Into 5 Turns Into 8

Well I made up my 3 submissions and upped it by 2, I added a package to the Mandel in Saskatoon and to the Red Deer Museum. Tonight I will do another 3, Galleries/Museums in Calgary, Halifax and Italy! These last 3 are basically spam sends to major venues, I just hope the curators will take a time to learn a little bit about my work. The place in Italy asked me to send a PDF portfolio of my sex worker white background images a year or so ago (still trying to figure out what that is), I have yet to do that but thought since they do lots of documentary photography they might like to see "The Families of the Dump" work.

I expect to send out all 8 on Monday or Tuesday, most of the submissions are long shots but some are possible like the VAAA where I have shown before. Does not hurt to try and advertise your photographs, maybe the work will be seen by a larger audience, that can only be a positive.