Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blurb Book - Scanning - Artist Lecture Power Point - New Group

Things are coming along now on the book, the scans and the lecture Power Point. I am finishing the last of the 35mm "Families of the Dump" scans now (the scanner is humming away downstairs). I have part of the Blurb book completed and part of the Power Point lecture finished.

I got permission to project the Power Point presentation at work this weekend so I can test to see if the pics are pixalated/blurry etc. If I need bigger sized jpegs I need to know now not on lecture day. I will try sending out the first attempt of the latest blurb book probably next week (Families of the Dump). I will need to do a test soft cover version before I try and print the higher costing hardcover.

I will also go Dibond shopping next week. I have had 3 quote replies so far I need to check out, one from a framing company, one from a plastics company and one from the company that did the great job on Larrys prints (cost with this place is $800 but they do everything for me, including the dry mounting).

Lots of things are happening, but everything seems to be pretty much on schedule and falling into place. I might also take my mother and father out on a trip next week, to visit my moms childhood home (last time we did dads).

On the 20th I have to attend a meeting of a new photo club group I belong to, this group is tentatively called the Alberta Photographic Society ( I think thats the name we talked about), this group is filled with very dedicated photographers. So far the society is different than any other photo group I have belonged to, I have always been the pushy guy in other groups, always sending out emails, always trying to get others to produce work etc. In this group I am passive and slow compared to others  who are very passionate about photography and growing as artists. It is quite exciting to not be the one pushing all the time but instead being pushed, challenged and encouraged myself.