Monday, September 2, 2013

PowerPoint Presentation Work For Artist Talks

I spent my security work week (nightshift between security work) scanning my families of the dump negs. Scanning is hard and rather boring work, I did 6400dpi scans on most of the negs I thought might have something to them and then did 12800dpi scans on the most promising 35mm negs. After scanning I used photo shop elements to manipulate the images to look as close as I could to what I would get in a darkroom print. Then I put them into a PowerPoint slide show with music, glad I still still have more time to complete it. I have not heard when the UofA artist talk will be yet so that means I will have at least one more work week to get this done.

My off work week starts today and I will devote it to printing the PhotoNOLA show, the deadline on that is also quickly approaching. Working with a computer is difficult, not as hard as the darkroom or as fun but don't let anyone ever tell you that the photoshop way is the easy way. All types of good photography whether analog or digital involves hard work and takes devotion and passion.

The little photo slide show music montages are coming together nicely. I am doing 2 shows one on "Klong Toey Slum" and one on "The Families of the Mae Sot Garbage Dump" I have about 10 images for the Klong Toey video done and 16 of the Dump slides ready. When I do a bunch of the sex worker negs and put everything together from all 3 groups I should also have enough slides for a presentation speaking section. I want to have a nice talk over section of 30 or 40 photographs where I can tell stories about the work etc. My talk at the UofA will be 1 hour I assume that will be about the length of the PhotoNOLA talk as well. I do not need to create to long a PowerPoint lecture just yet, maybe in a few years if these talk things happen more often I can develop a 2 hour version. Below is a photograph I am using in the "Families of the Dump" music slideshow, it is a little wider composition than the earlier shot I posted on the blog of the same boy.

http://gerryyaum.blogspot.ca/2013/06/35mm-dump-potos-part-10.html

Child in shack window Mae Sot garbage dump,  Thailand 2013