Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Leica Repair Bill

I just put the latest Leica repair bill on my credit card, $819 CAD plus shipping costs, YIKES! I repaired the older 50mm F1.4, the 21mm F2.8 and one M6 body with a meter problem (plus they did other fine tuning stuff on the equipment).  I still have a newer 50mm lens I dropped in Paris several years back that I need to repair, that will be a bigger repair of possibly $700 or more, I will hold off on fixing that until I can afford it maybe sometime in 2014 or 2015.

Leica's are great lens and cameras but repair costs are  painful. The good news is I will have the 21mm ready for use in Asia, I might also take the repaired M6 body as one of my 3 cameras. I like the wide look of the 21mm thou the 24mm F1.4 would be a much better and faster lens ($7000 new $6000 used!). I will use the 21mm as a compromise, the photo below was made with it on my last Thai trip in May.

Young baby girl in her garbage dump shack with younger brother, Mae Sot Thailand 2013