Sunday, April 28, 2013

Webpage Makeover

I am going to be working on my webpage on my return from Thailand, I plan on doing nightly work on it using my laptop, there will be some changes but not many. Most times when I look at peoples photography webpages online I am frustrated by my inability to see a lot of work and scan through the photographs quickly. People tend to set up fancy dancy pages filled with time consuming and difficult to  use web designs. My idea is simple, make the pages look like contact sheets that load quickly and that can be navigated without waiting around. People online are inpatient and quickly get distracted, its best to keep things simple. My simple design will allow people to view the maximum amount of imagery in the shortest amount of time. I am looking to make up a page of substance over style.

My new page will be a simplification of my already rather stark and bare design. I plan to add a bunch of new photographs made over the last 5 years and dump a whole bunch of crap photos. I will add galleries for the 4x5 available light portraiture made in Thailand and Laos and all the 35mm documentary stuff shot in Thailand, Cambodia. I will also had color medium format sex worker shots from 2010 and the new ladyboy white background sex worker photos made in 2012.