Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Final Kit Selection?

As I get closer and closer to leaving for Thailand, I keep trying to minimize my camera kit. Here is the latest, this might be the final version for all film camera gear. I am down to 3 lens for my 2 Leica bodies and 2 lenses for the Linhof 4x5. I like this kit, its simple fairly lightweight and direct. Photography comes from seeing and feeling, you do not need tons of gear, your eyes and heart will do just fine.

Linhof 4x5
90mm Linhof Lens
150mm Nikon Lens
Pentax Spot Meter
Larger Carbon Fiber Tripod (the one I used on previous trips, I am worried the smaller tripod might not be stable enough)
Reflector
4 or 5 Grafmatic Backs
Film Changing Tent

Leica M6
Leica M6TTL (.58 rangefinder allows me to compose the 21mm without using an external viewfinder)
21mm F2.8 (my new favorite lens?)
50mm F1.4 (old version lens)
28mm F2 (if its repaired) or 28mm F 2.8 Minolta M-Rokkar (a cheaper slower version 28mm I will use if the F2 is not repaired in time.)

75 rolls of Tri-x 35mm
250 sheets of 4x5 Tri-x
Extra Batteries