Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Developing 8x10 Film Again

I am developing the 8x10 ladyboy sex worker shots from last year again. I have several boxes of undeveloped film that I need to finish off before I print the PhotoNOLA show (if it happens). I am using the JOBO very carefully its the last one I have that is not broken, I think in the future I want to develop all my 8x10 by hand, probably in trays like Sturges does.

I am really looking forward to the day I will be making 8x10 portraits in Asia, my confidence with large format 4x5 portraiture is growing, it seems so much easier to for me to do this year as compared to 2 years ago. I want to move up to 5x7 soon (maybe after this coming Thai trip) and then on to 8x10 hopefully within 2 or 3 years. It should be such a gas to be printing those large negs in the Durst 8x10 enlarger, the sooner I get to that stage in my photography the better!