Saturday, April 13, 2013

Another Dump Video From Youtube

Found this Mae Sot garbage dump video last night on youtube, its from Burmese language TV news.

Its strange to know that I will be there soon with these people, sharing a bit of their lives. I will be there with them standing in the garbage but for me it will be different, I will know that I can fly home to Canada at anytime, go have great restaurant meal or a nice hot shower, they do not have those options. How do people go on day after day, when you your only future, your best option in life is digging in garbage?

The one part of the video that really struck me was when one of the workers a young man almost climbs up into the garbage truck to get a first chance at it, you can just feel his desperation. What is it like to live in that world? I have to try to understand that, then communicate it in the photographs. I also want to show the dignity of these people, the beauty inside them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFIvx0z0KU&NR=1&feature=endscreen

and another video I just found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrfxZ9Ejsw