Sunday, April 7, 2013

Confidence

I feel a real confidence in my work right now, I know pretty well exactly what my 35mm and 4x5 technique will accomplish. For years I jumped about like a drunken jack rabbit from one camera to another, from one film and developer to another. Now that I have focused and simplified my tools, it has given me a better understanding of what the final print will look like. I have worked harder in a  more specific  way and now the benefits are coming forth. I now know pretty well exactly what to expect, I can pre-visualize much better than before. When I am making the picture I can see the print better in my mind, things are coming together. I am really looking forward to the photos that will be made this coming year. I have a long way to go but I feel I am on the right path.

Ain't Photography Grand!

Today I turn 49.