Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shot In The Dark Email Invitation And A Classy Reply

I have been inviting lots of people to the show, long shots and the like, people who probably would not come but still why not try! This show is giving me the chance to get together with some amazingly creative people, so why not go for it!

I sent out a shot in the dark email invitation (I had to guess the email address) to Ann Thomas the Curator of Photography at the National Gallery of Canada and she replied with class. Here is her email reply to my invitation and comments on the Don McCullin show, a classy move by a classy lady.

Dear Gerry Yaum,

Many thanks for your email and for sending us information about your exhibition. Unfortunately, my travels do not take me to Edmonton or nearby in the next while. I am copying my colleagues who travel out west a bit more frequently than I in the event that they should find themselves there when your exhibition is still on.
I am pleased that you were able to see the Don McCullin exhibition and that you are enjoying the National Gallery’s podcasts.


Best wishes,
Ann Thomas
Curator/conservatrice
Photographs Collection/ collection des photographies
National Gallery of Canada/ Musée des beaux-arts du Canada



Here is a link to the podcasts that are mentioned in the email, they are well worth a listen.

http://www.gallery.ca/en/learn/Ann_Thomas_022012.php