Sunday, March 10, 2013

VHS Tapes Brought Back To LIfe

For years my collection of VHS tapes has been sitting on a self gathering dust, but now with my new home theater darkroom system they have come back to life. Over the last 3 days I have listened to, Holiday, My Man Godfrey, The Commancheros, Bite The Bullet, It Happened One Night and Hard Times. Its like having friends in the darkroom talking to you as you work, its very relaxing and keeps my mind active, a nice change off from the music.

"My Man Godfrey" with Carole Lombard and William Powell 1936
I also did some nice printing tonight, the last new print made (out of time to find more). This is a new neg I discovered today and decided to print, it will probably make it into the show.


Its funny how my format/camera preferances change. When I work on a nice 4x5 neg I get all excited about shooting that camera and want to shoot it only on my trips, then I get a 35mm neg that I like and I want to only shoot the Leica's! Both camera systems offer such different types of shooting, I think I am best off just shooting both the rest of my life. But them again what about the wonderful square negs of the Blad and Mamiya 6 cameras! That's for another day. Why go digi when you have such wonderful well made world class tools to use in the film world.