Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Non Photo Making Photography Goals

While I spent hours studying the work of Don McCullin recently I set several not photo making goals for myself that I need to finish in the coming year or so.

1) Improve my website, add all the new work and delete a lot of the crap.

2) Make up a 11x14 (print size) box set of b/w sex worker images, 10 of my favorites shot in 35mm to 8x10. I want to try to make up a limited edition set to sell on ebay, maybe a set of 10 boxes. I will make one box at a time if and when the previous box sells. Not sure on the price, I want to make it profitable but also affordable $1490.00? ($149 a print?).


3) Do a large blurb hardcover book (possibly 100-200 photographs). The book would be a comprehensive 30 year retrospective of the favorite photographs I have made. I will design the book with 1 picture for every 2 pages with a lot of white paper page to isolate the photograph.  The book would include color neg, transparency and b/w images from all the formats I have shot through the years. The photos would run from the years 1985 (my first photographic trip to the Western USA when I was 21) to 2015 (some work yet to be shot).

4) Learn platinum printing.