Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pushing It, Hope The Prints Are Worth It!

I thought I would have about a 30 hour break between finishing my last darkroom session and delivering the prints on Monday. Yesterday when I looked at one important photograph next to some other finished work I decided I need to reprint it with more contrast. To do that I had to work my 6th night shift (had the pleasure of shoveling snow most of the night) then come home and go into the darkroom for about 2 and 1/2 hours. I was pretty efficient making the reprint as I had detailed printing instructions written out. I ended up  adding 1/2 a grade, I hope the prints are not to dark. I also re-bleached another important picture that lacked the proper face bleaching.

The 7 prints are in the wash now, I will go to bed and let them wash for 2 hours then take them out for drying before I leave for my 7th nigh shift. I will come home tomorrow to flatten (in a drymount press) and spot the print. The work has to be at the gallery tomorrow at 10am, thats 25 1/2 hours from now.

Off to bed now, am exhausted.