Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First Night Of The Last Week Of Printing

Based on tonight's darkroom work I kind of feel like a lazy bum. I put in 3 hours this morning (after my night shift) before sleeping and and another 4 or 5 tonight after my photo club meeting. I just did the secondary printing on all the the left over work from the last several weeks, I did the toning and bleaching. There were around 34 prints of 8 different negs, not sure how many of these I will use. I think I will use at least 3 of these prints in the show maybe 4.

I have 30 photographs completed and framed but I might pull a few of those and I need to reprint one neg for the 3rd time, a neg that's been giving me problems. If I pull a few and add 3 and replace the poorly printed shot that gives me 31 or 32 photographs. I want to do 36 shots in this show as I have 36 20x24 frames made. I doubt I will get a chance for another 36 picture exhibition for a LONG time so better use these suckers while I can!

With 31 or 32 completed, that means I need to do 4 or 5 new prints this week. I will concentrate on printing 35mm negatives which are as least twice as difficult to print compared to the 4x5 negs. I need to work hard the rest of this week, tonight I will slack off after 8 hours, and watch "Skyfall" :)