Saturday, March 9, 2013

Updated Kit

I feel that my best negs in the last while have been large format, so I am going to re-adjust my kit to focus on that. The current kit looks like this:

2 Leica M6s
50mm F 1.4
28mm F 2 (if its repaired in time)
Small Leica Flash

Linhof 4x5
75mm (?)
90mm
150mm
240mm (?)

Pentax Spot Meter
Reflector
3 or 4 Grafmatic Film Holders
Light Weight Carbon Fiber Chinese Tripod
Changing Tent
2 small digi cameras (one for identity shots, one for youtube vids).  

I am also thinking of loading all my 35mm film in Canada. Since I am only going for 3 weeks I should be able to carry all my film loaded with me. It would save me some space not having to take the film cans and bulk loader (thou I would have to carry about 50-72 loaded cassettes) but more importantly it would save me film loading time in Thailand. I could go to bed earlier and rise earlier (to shoot!)if I do not have to stay up all night loading film. Unfortunately I will still have to load film in the 4x5 Grafmatic holders, but there is no way to avoid that.

This kit is smaller, lighter and would allow me more flexibility shooting with the Linhof.

New ever changing kit updates to follow : )