Monday, March 25, 2013

McMullen Submission

I made a submission to the McMullen Gallery (in the University Hospital, Walter Mackenzie Centre) this afternoon, its a bit more uplifting than my last submission to this space. Last year I submitted some work I had shot in a slum in Poipet Cambodia, this year its a more positive story, the Muay Thai gym in Bangkok's Klong Toey Slum.

The mandate for the McMullen is to show positive work that helps in the healing process for both patients and visitors, a positive creative gallery, a place for quiet contemplation. I hope the work I submitted fits into that mandate, I think it does, certainly better than my last submission.

I will see how it goes, it does not hurt to try. I would like to have the opportunity to tell the story of these brave young men, who are often orphans or come from poor families with economic and sometimes substance abuse house holds, I think seeing their smiling faces at the McMullen would be a positive for everyone involved.