Tuesday, February 22, 2022

In A Nicer Hotel And New Thai Stuff

    Out of my prison Covid room. Now in a nice hotel. Staying here for 5 nights. The cost is about $32CAD a night. I have my 3rd Covid test to pass on the 26th.
     
    Am out of the loop for Thailand, looked the wrong way when crossing road today and almost walked into the path of a turning motorbike. I need to concentrate and be more careful. I am speaking and reading Thai again, so it is coming. Being understood, even with a NF 95 mask, so I guess that is a good sign 🙂. The Thai flow is coming back, bit by bit. I have been away from my second home for almost 3 years. Some things are different, much is the same. I will catch up soon!
     
    Here are some photos of my current room. Hotel prices are cheaper now because of Covid. Everyone is more desperate to make money. Tourism is so crucial to Thai economic well being. This hotel room usually goes for around $157 CAD to Japanese guests (more fussy). An older but in very good shape room, love the kitchen. I just heated up some ham and cheese sandwiches from 7/11. "AROI MAK!" (delicious). Last night did Chinatown seafood, tonight some "Som Tum" (papaya salad, my fav Thai food).
     
    Will go to Klong Toey Slum to see if I can find any of my UNDER THE FREEWAY friends. Temp here is around 33C , sometimes sunny and sometimes overcast. Lots of rain happening all over Thailand. Global warming screwing with the weather here as well. Rains do not usually start in Thailand until April or later.