Monday, February 7, 2022

Bought Me A Projection Lens, A Vintage Charles Beseler Company 14" E.F. Series III Camera Lens Magnifier NJ USA

Kurt M from Italy, an online friend who does amazing ULF wet plate work recommended this lens to me. I bought it for a very cheap $22 USD, the shipping actually cost more than the lens $26 USD.

Been hearing a variety of things about these type lens. Thought it was worth a gamble, especially with the great portrait work Kurt does with one. And for $60 odd dollars Canadian, Ido not have much to lose. If it preforms well I will look for longer and shorter versions, this one is 14 inches, Kurt uses a 18 inch lens  I believe, that lens covers a 20x24 camera. I am hoping my 14 incher will cover 16x20, we shall see. Making wet plate photos with it, should be fun.

Here is a well written article about the good and bad points of this glass.

https://charles.hollemeersch.net/2016/11/11/projection-optics-company-18-lens-review/ 

 Charles Beseler 14" E.F. Series III Camera Lens