Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Links: My Varnish Of Choice For Wet Plate

There was a sale on Liquatex High Gloss Varnish. The 946ml size is usually $45.99 CAD a bottle, it was on sale for $30. I bought 8 bottles and also got FREE shipping. I have one unopened bottle already so that makes a total of 9 bottles. That should last me quite a while. I want to. use this type of varnish as my main varnish for wet plate ambrotypes. I will also use it during my practice period making tintypes (aluminumtypes). Kurt M in Italy recommended it and Quinn J in the USA has a video where he shows the results. This commercial varnish does not smell as nice but it has ease of use, and consistency. When doing large 35x35 plates later on I need to have things flow as smoothly as possible. Settling on this varnish early should help the process of simplifying my working process (just like Kurt!).

Deserres.ca VARNISH BUY SITE
Quinn Jacobson Teaches Varnishing

Deserres.ca Liquitex High Gloss Vanish