Friday, May 15, 2020

Set Up My HPRC 2780W KANATA Lens Case

from Facebook....

Been working on a Lens Case for the coming KANATA, cross Canada Wet plate project. I have bought several lens to use with my 16x20 Chamonix and my 35x35 HF3535 cameras. These lens as you can well imagine are mega expensive. I DO NOT WANT TO DAMAGE THESE LENS IN TRANSIT during my travel from one Canadian location to anther over a 10 to 15 year period. To that protection aim I picked up a second hand (new-never used but I am the second owner) HPRC 2780W case last week.
The case retails new for $400 plus CAD, I got mine for $200, a reasonable price from a nice seller. There was no HPRC CASE foam included in the buy. I had to make do with some loose foam from the seller and some foam I picked out of a backyard garbage last winter (got a bit left over for more lens safety later) I fitted the foam into the box, then cut holes for my 3 large lens. I hope that this hard plastic case box, with rubber seals (control dust) and with foam inserts will protect my lens in the coming years of travel. If I can keep the lens in good shape, I can make photos with them and later resell each lens for as much or more than I originally paid for them.
The lens include a Carl Zeiss Jena Apochromat Tessar  F15/180cm (year 1922) , a Nikkor 1780mm F14 and a Voigtlander 655mm (24.5 inch) F6 (year 1886).

Left too right....Carl Zeiss Jena Apochromat Tessar F15/180cm (year 1922) , a Voigtlander 655mm (24.5 inch) F6 (year 1886).and a Nikkor 1780mm F14 
My New Lens Carrying Hard Plastic HPRC Case Set Up!