Monday, May 25, 2020

100 000 Dead In America

Today America will hit 100 000 Corona virus deaths, almost 350 000 lost worldwide.

Reading about this lovely persons life lost to Covid-19, is so tragic. She was only 51, a good,caring human being who reached out and helped others. Donna Morrissey is just 1 of 100 000 Americans, gone way to early, denied 30 years of life.

Below, is her last Facebook post, from April:
---------------------------------------------------------
Friends, I was in the hospital today with severe dehydration. Many thanks to our healthcare workers at Cape Cod Hospital who helped me to recover. Full disclosure - for the last three weeks I have been diagnosed with the Coronavirus. The journey has not been easy. I will beat this one! But people need to sequester. Don’t take chances! This has ravaged my body and quite frankly I have never felt worse in my life. At least I had the foresight to have my cheetah pillow and blanket with me. Each day they are changing the length of time the virus lasts and how long you will be in pain. They say I could have symptoms for a month or more. Please, please, please take it seriously! Our lives depend on it!

 Boston Globe Story About Donna Morrissey

Donna Morrissey died due to the coronavirus on Friday. –Tom Herde/Globe Staff