Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Khun Bia 55 In His Room, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVED UNDER THE FREEWAY

Here are a couple of new photos from THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY.

Khun Bia is a very kind man who lives in a small shack room next to the freeway. When I was with him in 2019, he often told me how the previous nights rain leaked through the cardboard section roof of his room, soaking him while he slept.

Bia would not take money when I offered it to him. After trying 3 times to give him some money, he finally accepted it but insisted in giving me a old digital point and shoot camera he had found in return. I now keep that camera in darkroom #2 to remind me of him.


Bia 55, in his room, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok, Thailand 2019

Bia 55, In his room, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok, Thailand, 2019