Saturday, April 13, 2019

Second Oldest Win Family Daughter, "Families of the Dump"

I need to improve my successful shooting ratio. I take so many photos but so few negs are worth printing. Need to concentrate and plan better in the field. One of my problems is that I do not make photos often enough so that when I do, I am so excited and so desperate to create something good that I over due things, over shoot, over push a situation, over gear myself up, over work the day etc. I believe the technical term for what I do is " I TAKE A LOT OF CRAPPY PICTURES!"

Here is hoping that things improve next trip. More thought and more careful exposing of film  required! I need to be more like my friend Larry who thinks things out carefully and then anticipates the magic-decisive moment to press the shutter button.

Here is a shot I liked of the second oldest Win family daughter. The family is made up of 3 girls, and 2 boys plus a mother and father, they all work extremely hard especially this daughter and her father who is the first one into the garbage every morning. Often when I do an all nighter in the dump he is the first one to start digging 430-500 am. He usually arrives at least 30 minutes before the next worker.

Family Father Working The Garbage

Working the garbage, Mae Sot Thailand 2017