Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Bought Me A Leica Motor winder

This morning I installed my recent purchase, a cheapo priced Leica motor drive on my Leica R6.2 and love it. There was another motor unit (this time a winder not a drive) selling for about the same price as the drive from the same seller, so I bought it as well. Shipping cost more than the actual gear in this case. Last time also did not pay any additional taxes. The total cost including shipping is only $32.60 USD, well worth it I think.  The unit is scratched up a bit but tested and fully functional.

Note* You can shoot the drive up to 4 frames a second. I think the winder which is smaller and lighter can do 2 frames a second. That might come into play at some point and be important. Sometimes shooting with a motor advancing the film is helpful. The only down side as far as I can see is the additional weight. I plan on taking one of these units with me to Thailand next trip, the other will stay at home to save on weight. Might do the winder as it is a bit smaller-lighter and uses 6 batteries instead of 10.

Note** I am glad I have the option of choosing between the two motor units now. You got to love ways to help the photography at a cheap price. Do not like the fact I might look more pro like now thou, could frighten people a bit.

Leitz Motor-Winder R4