Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bought Me A Old MacBook Pro For The Coming Trip, An Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2011 2.4GHz i5 4GB RAM 500GB HDD MM

Was worried about the digital camera files I need to store this coming trip. What will I do with all those files? I have an older Mac Book Pro but it is malfunctioning. I was looking at buying a newer models but they run $1500 CAD plus. I cannot afford that now. I have way to many bills.

I decided to get an older refurbished late 2011 model Mac Book Pro off eBay. I will use it simply to surf the web, post blog entries. a tiny bit of picture editing and to transfer SD card picture files from my cameras to the hard drive of the computer or to an external hard drive connected to this computer. The cost of this old computer, including shipping, plus taxes was only $372.05 CAD. My extra security guard 12 hour STAT pay for Good Friday should pay for some of the computer.

Hopefully this thing lasts 2 or 3 years, then I will have gotten my moneys worth, $100 and a bit per year. I should also have a good working machine for my coming 7 week trip and will not have to fool with an iPad. Saving the camera picture files made with the Canon 5D Mark3 is of utmost importance. Now I can relax in that regard.

The trips final gear count, and arranging is almost complete. No more buys needed.

Note* Was looking at getting an hard drive storage device like my friend Larry uses but those cost $300-$400 as well. So thought I would get this heavier but more useful laptop machine instead.

Update* Bought a 5TB plug and play external hard drive (2.1 cm thick) for $149.99 CAD. So I know have 5500 TB of storage for my picture files, sound and video files (or there abouts).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the eBay sellers Advert:

This unit has been thoroughly inspected and tested by our in-house, factory certified-trained technicians. As a result of the technicians' professional training and detailed care, the unit has been returned to it’s original factory specifications. You can expect a fully functional unit tested and approved by our professional techs.
Apple MacBook Pro 13 8,1 (Late 2011) Intel core i5 2.4 GHz storage (HDD) 500GB memory 4GB videocard Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Processor: Intel core i5 2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Storage: HDD 500GB
  • Videocard: Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Keyboard layout: English
Fair Condition- The device has significantly noticeable signs of wear that are beyond everyday use. The unit contains multiple deep moderate dents/nicks/scuffs/scratches and may have issues pertaining to the LCD screen (i.e. dead pixels/spots/lines). However, it is fully intact and operational. See "detailed description" box for full insight/issues on unit.
  •  All images being displayed are of the actual device that will be shipped out & received
  •  Please note that the only accessory included will be the charger unless stated otherwise
Detailed description Please Note device has multiple deep moderate nicks on bottom cover along with dents. Including:
  • Charger


My new-used (old) Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2011 2/4 GHz i5 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD