Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Lots Of Extra Batteries

Am taking a bunch of extra batteries with me this trip for the R cameras, for the M camera, for the meters etc. If I take a motor drive will buy the heavy AA batteries in Thai. You can never have enough batteries!

Also bought some CR2 batteries tonight for my Contax G2 with flash (both take CR2s). I used the camera with auto focus and flash to shoot in almost complete darkness when I was photographing the Cambodian brothel portraits in 2003. I have had trouble shooting flash in the dump because I cannot see to focus, so the Contax G2 with flash auto combo might come back to life next trip.

Note* The picture below was made in a almost completely dark and very tiny room all these poor women-girls used with their customers. In off hours it would also be their bedrooms.

Tan Vietnamese brothel worker in her sex room, Poipet Cambodia 2003