Saturday, April 13, 2019

16mm Lens

Shot a roll of 16mm photos with the new R6.2 body yesterday. A nice and fun bit of experimenting. The 16mm is wild to shoot, creating lots of distortion, which I love. With a motor drive on the camera it is important not to overshoot, something that is hard to control at times. I could be through all my film in no time next trip if I take the motor drive with me and get trigger happy. Here is a sample photo of mom, a close up, and a wider shot of her room. I think this lens could be quite effective to do tight compositions where I want to include lots of info, like in the small crowded dump shack homes. It can also create some rather unique portraits. I am thinking it might be effective up close shooting groups of children attacking me (was seems to happen often in the dump). I see lots of possibilities with this lens, it could become a favourite.

Note* My next test will involve this lens combined with flash, up close.

Mom in her room April 2019- 1/30 F2.8
Mom at her and dads grave, April 2019 - 125 F8?