Sunday, April 7, 2019

Library Show Prints?

With the coming library show set for August, I need to figure out what I will be printing. I decided since this is just a raising awareness type of presentation I would go with all new 35mm horizontal work (to fit the space). Work I have never printed before will allow me to learn new negs and enjoy the printing process more. I have a 100 or so new 35mm images to choose from.

Need to find the negs as well which is always a big problem for me. I plan on printing the images 16x20, dark, contrasty, with lots of edge burning and with a ton of Potassium Ferricynide (bleach) to bring up the highlights and shadows. I need to become more expressive and opinionated in my printing, sometimes I am much to passive, lacking in confidence.

Here is a look at some of the images I am looking through. I only have a few from last trip in these photos, there will be more to chose from. I am also going to shoot a bunch of new 35mm next trip using the wide angle lens. I hope to include 1 or 2 of those images as well. The library show will allow a max of 12 photos. Unfortunately I will need to choose the negs to fit into the restrictions of the space (not frightening people too much).

Note* I hope some day I can exhibit with out rules applied to what I can show.
Note** Will work on cleaning and setting up Darkroom #1 this off work week. I need to fix up the darkroom after the chaos of removing stuff to Darkroom #2. The plan is to find and organize my negs in Darkroom #2 and print them in the enlarger-sink superior Darkroom #1.
Note*** I am trying to set up a talk on "Families of the Dump" somewhere in the cities library system, it is a big MAYBE thou. I also tried to set up a talk with a local photo club, with Art Gallery of Alberta and at a local College. All those reach outs have fallen flat. No one seems to give a shit, no one wants to hear the talk. I feel bad, a failure, am letting the families down again. They trusted me and I am f--king up!

Some of the possible images, I might print