Thursday, April 4, 2019

Bought Me A Very Expensive Book: "W.Eugene Smith : Photographs, 1934-75"

Paid a ton for this book. It is the American version, with a different title. I think everything else in the book is the same as the British version. The book runs 352 pages and is supposed to contain many photographs previously unpublished. This book cost a bunch of money everywhere online, into the hundreds of USDs. I found a version that sells for $77 USD plus $12 for shipping. It was a painful swallow. But Smith is my god, the most important photographer in my life, I had to get it, just had to! Supposedly the book I bought (used) was 50% off, not sure I buy that! Hope this book inspires me and pushes me to make important photographs this coming trip. Photographs that could potentially help the lives of the subjects improve.

Note* This is my 55th birthday present to myself!
Update* Somehow, someway the seller cancelled this book on me. Too bad, was really looking forward to it. Got Smith's BIG BOOK instead. Mine cost $164 CAD, a ton of money but since I am not getting this one, about $40-60 CAD (free shipping) or so more the$77 USD version of the other book.