Sunday, October 29, 2017

Video: Test Video, Girl Asking For Boots In The Dump

This is my first attempt at using the BMPCC in the dump with the CAME TV steady cam device. It is also my first attempt at editting the PRO RES HQ video and color grading with Davinci Resolve.

Were all learning here!! In this practice video a young Burmese women-girl was asking me for some boots, she spoke Thai to me, she also wanted a headlamp. I have had numerous headlamp requests (for dump worker night work), I need to find a store that sells them. I got a tip from the family who sells me boots. They even had one of their workers jump on the back of my bike to show me the shop, which was closed. I will try to buy headlamps there, tomorrow or the next day.

Anyway, here is the video I made using all my newly learned techniques. Note my slick camera work, shooting my thumb in ultra weird closeup, only a true pro like myself could manage that!

Note* The audio on this video is just the poor quality BMPCC version. In post for the real film I will sync the higher quality sound recorder audio to the BMPCC video. Assuming of course that I can manage to make a higher end audio recording, that is proving problematic.