Saturday, October 28, 2017

Selfie Of The Day

Here is another selfie done today. I went to visit the bride and grooms parents, the bride was there. Like me she has gained a lot of weight over the last 4 years, at first I did not recognize here. Her son  Chemeeko looks very healthy as does her daughter. At one point during our little gathering in the shade the little girl was sent over to me by her mother and grandmother. She cuddled right up to me and looked at me with big wide unafraid eyes. I am not a baby guy, never had a child myself, never been a . When it comes to babies, young children, I am not sure exactly how to handle them. This little girl was so sweet, and innocent, she was so warm (I was surprised at that), and unafraid of me, she laid right up on me. For a few seconds there, I had a tiny bit of the feeling, the feeling of warmth from a child that a real father would feel all the time. It was strange to me but quite moving and beautiful. She actually stayed with me for around 7-8 minutes. I wonder if she will remember me the next time I visit?

A wonderful, memorable experience. What future does this little baby girl have?

Note* Sonnie if your reading this, the child clothes you donated last time went to this young girl and her older brother. Thanks so much for helping them.

The bride with her daughter
Here is a link to a video story I did on the "Bride and Groom" photo, which was made on their wedding day back in 2013.
Bride And Groom Video Story