Monday, October 23, 2017

Movie Title? "The Children Of The Dump"

I am trying to find my films story. In Canada I was thinking of doing the film on one dump family that I have known for several years but now I wonder, how that can be done. I met the family members, said hello (adults knew me, father was very happy to see me, the children did not remember me (kinda did, kinda did not) but I did not find their home. Many homes in the dump have been moved to an area in front of the school. I believe the organization eyestoburma has helped relocate the homes off the dump grounds but still within a short walking distance of the work. Some families are still living right next to the dump, basically on it (see the videos), that is still a bit of a grey area for me. In the days to come I will learn more about who is where, and what the living conditions are exactly for all the families.
Below are some photos of the lovely children I met today. I will try to get some of the donated money (in food bags) directly to their homes. I plan on going shopping tonight and making up some food donation bags for various households located in the shack swamp area of the dump (discovered that place today for the first time). First off I will try to get food donation bags for both families with the children pictured below. Will try to get those bags to them tomorrow.
If !!! I can manage to find the dump on my own with the rented motorbike, which will be challenging.
I feel very tired, only did 4 hours in the garbage today but am rather wasted. Hopefully I can get my wind in the coming months of work. The cries of Gerry today from many old friends was joyful to hear. That sort of happy to see you response gives you renewed energy. I will need to pace myself, turning into an old shit way too fast! Will head out to the dump for the first time alone on my motorbike tomorrow, mid day. I plan on getting lost, so best to do that in bright daylight. Lots of people die on motorbikes in Thailand, I do not need to add to those statistics.


Children living in the swamp shack area of the dump. Never met them before.
Another new family, the young boy only has his right arm-hand