Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Driving A Motorbike, Getting Lost?

I got my motorbike today from Pee Noy. He rented it to me for 180 baht a day. This is probably a better deal than I could have gotten in a pro motorcycle lending shop. I got the larger bike at a cheaper price from a friend. There is a certain amount of trust here. He let me have the bike without photocopying my passport or putting down a damage deposit of any kind.

I need to take extra good care of his bike. On the days I am away in Bangkok or elsewhere I will take the bike back to him so I do no have to pay any rental fees.

I am worried about my first trip to the dump on my own. Pee Noy took me 2 different ways to the dump today. The old way, the way I kinda new is now closed for some reason, possibly construction. I know I am going to get lost going to the dump, I need to take my time and figure out a safe and good route there. I will be using this pathway many times. But first I need to get lost a bit!

This should be interesting. Heck at least life is not boring here! Everyday is a new adventure.