Sunday, October 29, 2017

Downloading And Saving Files

Today for the first time I am trying to organize film and sound files on my computer hard drives. I am saving and backing up all my video-sound from today. I need to have some kind of system that will allow me to later find what files I want during the extensive and no doubt very difficult editing process. There will be hundreds of hours of video and sound recorded during the making of the documentary film.

I am recording ProRes HQ files on video, with poor in camera sound (will use only for syncing the better sound files).  The camera I am using is a Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera.

BMPCC, small light and excellent 1080p quality

I am also recording sound off a separate microphone into a Zoom F4 sound recorder.

Pro type 6 channel sound recorder.
I am copying all the video and sound files 2 times before I delete the info from my SD cards. One time to the hard drive of my computer, a second time to a external hard drive. I have 3 external hard drives with me this trip totaling 8 TB of storage, will buy more as needed. I also have 3 different drives in my EliteBook computer.

If this all sounds like I know what I am doing, I don't!