Saturday, May 10, 2014

New Photo Project Idea

I was just watching a YouTube video and it gave me an idea for a new photo project related to my sex worker photo history. What if I did a project on 1 single worker, just follow there life where ever that might take me (us). I am not sure if it would be a female, male or ladyboy worker but what if I just invested in their lives and photographed everything about them. What if I just became a shadow and told their story from their perspective. How would that work? I would have to find the right person, or maybe 2 or 3 people that I could follow then eventually stay more and more with the one whose story is the most compelling. I think with a project like that I would need extended time in the country where the photos are made, maybe I could do it on the planned longer future trips. I think I would need a minimum 3-6 months possibly more to complete the project. Imagine that shooting 1 person for a 6 month period. Heck I even thought of a title, if the persons name was Nong for example I could call "Nong, the Life of a Sex Worker".

This is an idea that definately requires more thought, it might actually work better as a documentary film, or both in stills and video.