Tuesday, May 13, 2014

More Grants Submissions Coming

I am trying to take advantage of the wonderful support the EAC Edmonton Arts  Council provides to Edmontonians. They provide numerous types of grants to artists, money very well spent! I applied for another travel grant ($750) last week and this coming week I plan to work on a larger individual artist grant of $4000-$5000 to pay for film and photo paper costs to produce negs and print photographs for a major Edmonton show of images from the "Families of the Dump" project.

The individual project grant allows for up to a $25000 grant request, so I also want to think my photo project ideas over and then make a request for a much larger project as well (that would be my third new EOC grant request). I doubt I would ever get even close to that much money for a photography project, but sometimes it is important to reach for the stars, who knows how far hard work and deep ambition will take you. If you never try at something if you make excuses and rationalize why it can't be done then you will never accomplish much of anything, sometimes the dreams do come true for dreamer.