Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dad's Decline

Dads health is continuing to decline, it is so sad, so frustrating. I would do anything for my father but there is nothing I can do, this all makes me feel so useless. I visited dad before work today, his legs are so thin, he has lost so much weight, it's all so hard to see. Dad was always such a strong man, he could carry fridges up and down a flight of stairs by himself, now he has trouble moving at all.

I have some roasted chestnuts here at work in my lunch, I will save them for dad and give it to him tomorrow. These things are nice and soft, maybe he will be able to eat them, today he ate almost nothing.

I wish I could be with him now instead of having to come to work. Tomorrow my week off starts, I plan on spending as much time as I can with him this week. I am not sure how much longer dad can stay at home, he might have to move to the paliative care hospital soon (dad calls it the dying hospital). This might be our last week together, I need to be with dad all week. It will be so hard to live without my beautiful father, life will seem so much smaller without him to share it with.