Sunday, May 4, 2014

Darkroom

With dads illness my grand 90 day in the row darkroom plan fell though. I am working most off work days in the dark and the occasional work day as well. I have been developing film  most days this week and last night I made this print of dad both in RC and Fibre. The print was made from an 8x10 Tri-x negative, shot with dads Deardorff and a 300mm Nikon lens.

In the future when I do not have to work my regular job I expect to put in an everyday darkroom shift, of 4 plus hours per day. First things first thou, I need to produce a large body of quality negs that I can later print. The only way you improve at anything or achieve your goals is to work hard, I need to shoot a lot over the next 20 years then put in another good solid 10 fun years of darkroom printing work. Heres hoping I have the good luck to last that long.