Saturday, May 10, 2014

Edmonton Arts Council Travel Grant Submission

I am finished up my Edmonton Arts Council travel grant request. I received a similar grant in 2012 which I used to buy about 1/2 an air ticket ($750) to Bangkok Thailand. The grant helped me produce my show "The Train is Coming" which was a series of portraits of people living and working in the Klong Toey slum in Bangkok. I hope that I am lucky enough to recieve a grant a second time, as I feel my current project "Families of the Dump" is even more important. I will go back to the dump and do a series of portraits there using my Linhof 5x7 camera, if I can get 1/2 my air tickt paid for it will make things so much more easy.

The Edmonton Arts Council is of great benefit to the art community here in the city, they are using tax money and other funding sources to help artists directly. All people who believe art is important need to support groups like the EAC. If you love art, if you think art has a valuable positive influence on our lives then you need to stand behind the EAC and other artist grant programs.

Hope, hope this works out, a few minor details tomorrow and the submission should be ready to mail. I might also be trying another type of EAC grant, but have to do some more research to see if I qualify.

I will include 3 videos and 10 photos as part of my submission package, here are the 10 pics, all these photos were made at the Mae Sot dump with the familes in 2013.

Update: I completed the grant, will mail it on Monday, one less thing to worry about.