Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tripod Update


Gosh this Gitzo tripod is a wonderful tool, light, strong and smooth to operate. I think the Tripod might be a bit big for 4x5 (5 inches longer than my old one, and wider) but I will give it a try and see how it goes. For 5x7 and even 8x10 photography this tripod should be ideal. The Gitzo G1325 has a max load of 26lbs, I weighed my Deardorff (13), 250mm Fujinon, film holder (3) and the big Manfrotto geared head (6.5) and it came to 22.5lbs. I think I should be able to use this tripod with both the Deardorff and Kodak Master cameras. Even when I set up the fully loaded 8x10 with the tripod legs fully extended and the center post all the way up, everything was very solid and stable (pic below).

The possibility of doing 8x10 photography in Asia, the possibility of showing the beauty of people through the photographs seems more real to me everyday, I can do this! 

"Ain't Photography Grand!"

Gitzo tripod with Deardorff 8x10