Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another $500!!

I am running short of 16x20 Ilford photo paper and was going to try to make do with other brands of 16x20 I have in stock but I then had a change of heart. To get 2 more boxes of the Ilford paper will cost me about $500 CAD, that's a lot of money just now as I am trying to pay for trips and film and a bit of gear but I remembered something my friend Rob told me, if your going to have shows then do it right, don't cut corners. If I used multiple types of papers I will have different looks to the various portraits, some will be on creamy brown paper other on coldish purple paper, that just does not cut it, I have get these pictures looking the same or at least pretty close to each other, I need to use the same developer and the same paper for all 20+ prints. I have a responsibility to the people I photographed, to the people in New Orleans and to PhotoNOLA,  I need to do this right.

I have therefore decided to order more of the Ilford paper, but I will wait until the bill will be on the next credit card statement.

Gosh doing this show stuff is expensive!!!