Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Possibilities Are Endless, Do High Contrast Work?

I have been thinking about the possibilities for making photos during the coming trip. Because I am traveling light I will be able to move quickly and easily, I have a greater knowledge and understanding of my tools and film. I have contacts and experience in my main shooting areas of Klong Toey slum, Klong Toey boxing gym, and Mae Sot garbage dump, my language skills have increased, the possibilities for strong photos are endless. I wish I could make pictures everyday for the rest of my life, nothing is better, nothing gives me more pleasure or a greater high.

I might try making some photos like the one below, close up portraits/nudes that I add a ton of contrast and grain to for effect.

Shirtless man Klong Toey slum,  Thailand 2012