Friday, August 16, 2013

B&H Rocks And Film Almost Ready To Go

Well both my orders from B&H Photo have arrived from New York. The large selenium toner order was made last Friday and arrived this Thursday, the 2-50 sheet box order of Ilford FB 16x20 paper was made on Sunday and arrived on Friday, fricking fast service! Using the B&H website you pay for everything up front using Paypal, including border duties/GST and in a week or less you have the goods in your darkroom! I will do more and more business with this company in the future, they are fast, efficient and easy to deal with.

I am loading my last 19 rolls of 35mm Tri-x tonight. I am rolling 200 rolls for my coming Thai trip, I have 181 done now, all neatly packaged in their individual plastic segregated compartments. Each plastic box contains 10-35mm cassette films, I have 20 of these boxes. I bought the 35mm film  containers a few months back, they work great,  and protect each roll of film, thou it will add a bit to the overall weight during transport. Having the film protected both before and after shooting will be worth the extra weight (less accidental film cassette openings). I can also put these small boxes directly into my hotel fridges and do not have to worry about leakage from other things in the fridge. The 20 boxes of 10 films will wait patiently in my Canada freezer for the next Thai trip. What will be captured on these rolls? What stories will they tell?

Anyway the film is almost ready for the trip, all my PhotoNOLA printing supplies are waiting for me in the darkroom. Everything is pretty well organized and ready to go. Now like always I have to find the money to pay for everything. Next months credit card bill with the air flights and darkroom supplies will be over $2500 CAD, yikes. It is all money well spent thou, no new gear, the money goes towards making more pics, printing old negs and showing work.

I expect my second large box of outdated 2012 Tri-x bulk film to arrive sometime in the next 10 days, this box will contain an additional 20 rolls or 2000 feet of Tri-x 35mm. When I have this film safely stored in the freezer I will have about a ten year supply of 35mm Tri-x waiting to be shot. Ten years of film waiting for me!!, thats a comfortable feeling, I now have much less Kodak bankruptcy worries.