Friday, August 23, 2013

8x10 Dad Portraits

Well I developed the 8x10 film from yesterday, there were lots of light leaks with the lightweight Mido holders, I have to solve that problem somehow. I read recently you can check holders for light leaks using the same size photo paper which makes economic and time sense. I will also try using the Kodak Master camera with these holders as it has a tighter spring on the back of the camera, hopefully this will hold the film better to prevent light leaks.

Looking at the negs, the ones that did not have light leaks or limited light leaks turned out nice. I need to do lots more work with this format and become much more fluid, at $4-7 a sheet the fewer mistakes the better! If I eventually get this working in Asia, with the 600 sheets of Tri-x I have, I could make some top notch negs.

Dad at 81, 250mm Fuji Lens, HP5 (200) at 1/15 and F 11.5