Monday, August 12, 2013

PhotoNOLA Coming Together

Well I got the description and the scans done and emailed out for PhotoNOLA, they want to use that stuff on the website for the festival to advertise the show/work.

Last night I looked for sex worker negs to print in the binders from years past. Things seem to be coming together nicely now, I have some of the paper work done now, I have the hotel and air ticket to New Orleans booked, I am coming along nicely on the prints. Next week I will go out in search of the aluminum I need, I will mount the prints to a thicker rough surface aluminum. I also have a shipping case for the work, today I ordered 2 boxes of 50 sheet 16x20 Ilford FB.

Now I just have to complete all the work and pay for all this stuff and I'm smiling!

I will post the link to the PhotoNOLA website later on when I get it. Going to see a new city like New Orleans and viewing all the different exhibitions should be a real enjoyable experience, I am starting to look forward to it.

The title of the show will be: "Body Sellers: The Sex Workers Of Thailand"

I will work for 2 or 3 hours in the darkroom before sleeping, I need to start working on at least another 2 negs.  See you folks later!