Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Running Out of Days

Have only a handfull of days left, I still have film to shoot about 8 people. Today was basically a day of rest, I had a nice meal with a friend and prepared all my equipment for tomorrow.

I wanted to shoot photos in a new parts of the city here so I went out and talked to some ladyboys about making photographs. I also found 2 shorttime rooms where I could make photographs. I have 3 scheduled shoots for tomorrow at 6pm, 8pm and 12 am. Will see how it goes, am feeling a bit burnt out. I need to go home to Canada take a rest and recharge my batteries before developing the film and making prints.

At times I am a bit imtimidated when creating this work, making the images puts me into some what dangerous situations. Ladyboys can be physically and sexually aggressive much more so than the woman sex workers I photographed in the past, so that can be a bit daunting.

I just hope the photographs honestly portray the people I am photographing and that the images are sensitve to who they are as individuals. As I make the portraits I am trying to let the individual personalities of the subjects come forth, I want to show their humanity as Jock Sturges and Jim suggested.