Monday, July 28, 2008

Nit

Walked into some areas of Thailand I had not visited for years. I ran into an old friend from my earlier photographs of sex workers. The ladies name is Nit, I have photographed her 2 times before in 1999 and in 2003, tonight when we meet again she quickly recognised me and was interested in making more photographs. She looked so tired this photo session, in 2003 she said she was 43 and now she says she is 49 which is about right, but she looks so much older. Living the life she has lived has really worn her down. She told me how many farang men will pay her so they can urinate on her or pay her to urinate on them. She told me she often does not get wet when she is having sex with a farang and does not like sex at all anymore. When she is having sex with her customer she tries to think about nothing, the only thing she thinks about is hoping he will finish quickly. I tried to photograph her in a way that showed how worn down she has become both physically and emotionally. Will I photograph her again? no doubt in the future I will. I wish she could have some good luck and get out of this world.