Thursday, July 31, 2008

2 More Ladyboys Photographed

I went out at 12am and found 2 ladyboys to photograph around 3am, now it is close to 5am and I am heading home after updating this blog. I have to load film when I get home and then wake up at 10 am to photograph 2 more ladyboys, Mat (2nd time) and Bee. After I photograph the 2 people tomorrow my film will be basically done. I think I will have some 4x5 film but all my roll film should be finished. If I have any 4x5 film left I will load it and photograph a few ladies I know here, maybe a girl I know from 2003 and 2007 named nit and possibly the girl I met again tonight Bee.

The ladyboys shoots tonight were so so. The first ladyboy was named Ann, she was pretty but difficult to photograph, I did my best but I fear I might not have any good photographs of her. The second ladyboy might be the best one of the trip, her name was Tia and she was exceptional for photographs. She was very visual and moved simply and easily during the shoot, which made my job easier. Tia told me she has made a sex movie with farang men where one shot the video and the other took photos. She seemed sad and lost and a bit confused. I think she might be HIV positive as she did not really look healthy. She was also very aggressive towards me sexually, I had to basically pull her hands away and say sorry I only wanted to take photographs. The different personalities of all the ladyboys I have photographed makes each portrait session a unique photographic experience.

Dealing with people in a polite way is my first rule. I try to be honest and straight forward and treat the people I photograph with the most respect I can, and usually they return that respect and kindness. The owner of the short time room tonight was rather rude to me but I just kept on being polite and thanking her with respectfull Thai vocabulary, when I left at the end of the 2nd shoot I thanked her again and she was somewhat less rude, she kind of nodded to me in acceptance of my thanks.